Can DOs have physician assistants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tidbit, before August 8, 2009, PAs actually had limitations on prescriptive abilities in Pennsylvania if they practiced under a DO.

Yup, I remember there was a big letter campaign at PCOM to change the old policy seeing as it was complete bs and was probably unlawful given the equal practice rights afforded to DOs. If it hadn't been changed, I'm sure it would have gone to the PA Supreme Court soon enough anyway...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, you know for a fact MD have physician assistants, and you are now asking if DO's have them too. I guess you think MD =/= DO. If you did, you wouldnt be asking this question. Good night.

I just want to thank everyone who posted something..thank you for being a bunch of asses! I hope you feel nice and big sitting behind your computer belittling someone who has a legitimate question. If this is the future of osteopathic medicine, God help our country....because I sure as hell dont ever want to be under your care.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually DO's can't even have nurses. it's in the new "healthcare reform" bill.

I just want to thank everyone who posted something..thank you for being a bunch of asses! I hope you feel nice and big sitting behind your computer belittling someone who has a legitimate question. If this is the future of osteopathic medicine, God help our country....because I sure as hell dont ever want to be under your care.

And you think the Pre allo people would show you more love when you ask a *****ic question? :rolleyes:

Ok let me ask you, did you bother to look this up on your own? Do MDs have PAs? Are MDs and DOs medical/legally equivalent?

Dont get mad when people feel that your insulting their profession, I think the question of who would make a better doctor. you or them, they would win, I mean there response may not have been nice, but they knew the answer...

A lot of people gave good responses in the beginning. You should have used the search function, it was a pretty basic question. You are always going to get this type of teasing and jabs when it's a type of question like this one, and if you can't learn to roll with the punches a little better, I'd be more worried about you in medicine than us. Stick around, you'll grow some thicker skin and in a year or two you'll be the first in line to put a pre-med in their place when they start a 'Can DOs be Surgeons' thread.

Actually.. I do feel big. However, I have a feeling it has more to do with a lack of activity short of sitting in front of a computer/book studying than anything posted on here.

Also, this is about as legitimate of a question as "Are DOs physicians?"

Damn DOs, as bad as Hitler I say.

A lot of people gave good responses in the beginning. You should have used the search function, it was a pretty basic question. You are always going to get this type of teasing and jabs when it's a type of question like this one, and if you can't learn to roll with the punches a little better, I'd be more worried about you in medicine than us. Stick around, you'll grow some thicker skin and in a year or two you'll be the first in line to put a pre-med in their place when they start a 'Can DOs be Surgeons' thread.

Exactly. Jaggerplate gave me some $hit in another thread...and here I am supporting his statement...got to let things roll off your back on SDN! haha

Exactly. Jaggerplate gave me some $hit in another thread...and here I am supporting his statement...got to let things roll off your back on SDN! haha

Really?? I don't even remember that ... but I am glad we are now friends :thumbup:

^^^ haha the thread about optometrists. Too busy giving people **** to remember eh? Its cool my newfound efriend! :thumbup: