can duggan's course be used as us experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
can we use duggan's course as us experience for applying to dental schools. would it make a difference?

Members don't see this ad.

you can write it on your resume...but i HIGHLY doubt that counts as experience in the clinic.

It will NOT be counted as experince but mention it on your CV so that they know that you have done it..

Members don't see this ad :)
do normally people take duggan's course or any other formal course to prepare for IDP's bench test?Those who are already into school, please throw some light.Thank you.

Yes one can learn with easily with some practice or under some dentist. Duggan is no more than a ripoff, cost huge amount of money, charges for everything above his fee, even for a screw, like penny pincher. I took it two year ago and I personally felt its worthless and moreover he is always on the phone, don't take much time teach. And not much of a help during bench test either.

hi everyone,
can we use duggan's course as us experience for applying to dental schools. would it make a difference?

Where as i think, the experience is something where you practise your pre learned skill.

If you are brushing up/refining your prelearned skill or learning a new skill to keep yourself updated, can be consider as a training.

Thats what i think...just an opinion.

Best Wishes :thumbup:

I agree with Kal ka dentist....so I would say write it down under 'training'....they might just consider it as a bonus....good luck!

thanks everyone for their opinion.

I have been to atleast 4 dental interviews and none of the interviewers even knew who Duggan was or what it was and no one really gave any importance to it. So don't do it because it will help you with the resume. The lady will definitely say that it does and everyone knows about them which is such a big lie.

You're just a little short of the 'two years late' mark on this thread pal...