Navy Can HSCP student wear his/her navy uniform at dental school graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LFA20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my school actually commission dental officers during graduation every year but the students are under the HPSP program. I was wondering if HSCP students can do the same..

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never asked.. but my school holds a commissioning ceremony every year during graduation... and I saw pictures of students wearing their military uniforms...

those two opinions are the only ones that matter

my school actually commission dental officers during graduation every year but the students are under the HPSP program. I was wondering if HSCP students can do the same..

thanks.

I saw this as well and was wondering the same thing. I know that most HPSP students go to ODS while in dental school but from what I understand from my recruiter we can not go to ODS until we graduate thus I am not sure if we are "technically" qualified to wear the uniform.

thanks.

I wouldn't really recommend wearing a Navy CPO uniform to your graduation. That would be a target for ridicule.

I wouldn't really recommend wearing a Navy CPO uniform to your graduation. That would be a target for ridicule.

I believe I will be commissioned upon graduation from dental school(when u receive my dmd/dds) so I don't see why I can't wear the uniform..

Can you elaborate?

A CPO is a high enlisted rank that is a career milestone. HCSP are granted that for pay purposes.

I believe I will be commissioned upon graduation from dental school(when u receive my dmd/dds) so I don't see why I can't wear the uniform..

You have to take an oath of office to receive your commission.

HSCP students are NOT chiefs. They are Officer Candidate E-7s. Non-Navy types don't understand the difference.

It would be absolutely appropriate to wear a uniform bearing Officer Candidate insignia ( I don't necessarily mean to graduation, just in general). Do NOT wear Chief anchors, unless you entered this program as a current or prior Chief.

Reactions: 1 user