Can I apply with these scores?

yetmf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wrote my OAT a few days ago.
I have academic average of 330 but i scored a bit low on reading comprehension (280).
My GPA around 3.30.
Do you think I would have a chance with these scores?
Any input will be helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You should definately apply . Our stats are similar and I recieved an interview invitation. Keep your head up! Just apply soon!

You should definately apply . Our stats are similar and I recieved an interview invitation. Keep your head up! Just apply soon!

ryan... where did you receive an intervire invitation to?

Members don't see this ad :)
when were you notified of your interview at UHCO? I have applied while back and someone told me that they still have not started thier committee meetings yet...any help would be appreciated!

Dude Ryan86 congrats on gettin that interview man, keep us updated on what happens. Im especially interested b/c i got the same gpa as you and am probably gonna get around the same oat score from the practice oat's ive taken. By the way how long back did u send your application in?

Again congrats on gettin the interview, hope u get accepted:)

when were you notified of your interview at UHCO? I have applied while back and someone told me that they still have not started thier committee meetings yet...any help would be appreciated!

I received the e-mail on Wednesday September 17th. It is still early in the application process and I have some friends who did not get an interview invitation until December last year and they applied really early. Did you recieve a checklist via e-mail or mail stating that your application process was complete? From what I understand, if one little item such as a Recommendation letter is not received they will not evaluate your application.

Thanks Trah23, I appreciate it. I know its not a sure thing to get in once you get an interview but I'm truly very excited since it is my main choice of optometry schools. I sent my application in early August. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Are you also applying to UHCO?

I revieved the checklist via email that my application is complete. It was two weeks ago so I am sure they had chance to look over my application by now. I am getting really nervous now man. ryan86, do you know any one else who got interview invitation?....Congratualtions and Good Luck during interview

Yeah UHCO is number one on my list, unfortunately im not gonna be able to send my application in till the end of december because like a ***** i kept putting the OAT off till my senior year and now i gotta review some of sections. I think I read or heard somewhere that their deadline is february so i might be alright, not sure though, do you know if this is the correct deadline date or if id even get an interview for attending there Fall 09 since im sending it in so late?

I know that deadline last year was february 15. Best thing you can do is try to ace your OAT so you can stand out from other applicants. I know few people who applied in december found out in march whether they got in.

Yeah UHCO is number one on my list, unfortunately im not gonna be able to send my application in till the end of december because like a ***** i kept putting the OAT off till my senior year and now i gotta review some of sections. I think I read or heard somewhere that their deadline is february so i might be alright, not sure though, do you know if this is the correct deadline date or if id even get an interview for attending there Fall 09 since im sending it in so late?

Even though they will not look at your application until they have received everything my best advice would be to apply now and have your professors send LORs soon. That way whenever you have completed your OAT you'll be all set. I believe it also takes an additional two or three weeks for schools to receive OAT scores.
Good Luck!
Who knows maybe me, you, and Texas87 will be classmates next year!