Can I ask you guys a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s23v

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think its a good idea to take the English courses at a JC? I mean im having problems taking english courses this summer at a UC and the only way for me to really take them is at a JC. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I took the second half of the English requirement at a JC over the summer. I thought it was fine.

Due to the time constrain, it probably wasn't as rigorous as the regular English class at the UC system. But I thought my teacher was terrific and I learned a lot. Ultimately, i think it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you just want to get it over with quickly....then summer school at a JC is fine. But if you love literature and want to explore it a bit more, then by all means, take it at your school, i assume that you are in one of the UC schools. Both routes should be fine. Hope this helps!

Cal Rules!

If your concern about the committe looking at it unfavorably, don't fret. A lot of my friends have even taken most of their science prereqs. for dental school at JC. Somehow the dental schools didn't find that a prob. I never took any class in JC since I'm always gone during summer, but if I could I would have.

[This message has been edited by maris (edited April 10, 2001).]