Can i become a doctor going to a community college in Canada?

I am the Walrus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also do med schools accept canadian community college credits??? =D

Members don't see this ad.

The problem is that schools need be able to put your grades into context. So they'll see that you got xx GPA, but they won't know what that means from your school. Is 3.7 a really great GPA that is very difficult to achieve at that school or is it something you can get if you have a pulse? What is the quality of student/competition from that institution? Those are some hurdles I think you'll face.

Alright. Yeah you found the SDN forum! We are all so happy to meet you and read all your questions...Now take a few months and search and read. Thats right, I said months. There is a lot of information. Your question about community colleges has been asked many times before (the answer is yes). You do not meet to make a ton of new threads for each new question you have.

Here is what you should think about now.
  1. Do well in your classes
  2. Read past SDN threads to familiarize yourself with this process (look at Canadian sub-forum)
  3. Do well in your classes
  4. Look into volunteering at hospitals
  5. Do well in your classes
  6. Get a job in heathcare if you can. See if its the right field for you.
  7. Do well in your classes
  8. Look into transferring to a larger university in the future if feasible
  9. Do well in your classes

Members don't see this ad :)

I am pretty sure you need university credits. Either way, med school is very tough to get into in Canada. If you can't get into university in Canada which is very very easy, you probably won't get into medical school.

Yeah thanks for the welcome wagon =D

By the way I plan on transfering to university for my bsc in biology or biomed at guelph or UOIT =P

and yeah ill search these fourms in my free time thanks XD