Can I become a doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maybe Dr.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have graduated highschool...i have a 93%average (in not sure what gpa that is im in Canada but I think it's 3.5-3.7) I'm an average student. But I never payed much attention in science...I never really thought college was for me so I saw no point in learning all that when I was never going to use it... but now that I'm graduated I started thinking about my childhood dream of becoming a doctor and I'm seriously regretting not paying attention...i no next to nothing about the periodic table, don' get me started on those shapes that are used in chem lol...ive started to reread my bio text from highschool but if I'm thinking about premed what do I have to know/have memorized/understand fully? Science isn't my passion but it's interesting to an extent I read on another site that doctors didnt have to like science but had to understand it to an extent...lets say I know almost nothing about science what do I need to know before going to premed?
If the schooling process could be explained to such as residency, volunteering etc..as I said I never thought college was for me so I know next to nothing about college o general... if I take premed in regina can I apply only to med school at university of Saskatchewan or do I have to apply to a couple....or how does that work I don' really want to go anywhere else I cant seem to find a website that explains it clearly if u know one you can share that to thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Those are solid grades!

I wasn't pre med or science-oriented until my sophomore year of college and I'm doing fine.

Just be prepared to work hard, because science isn't easy.