Can I Become a Doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted905755

?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it take?
This has been on my mind for a little while now and I thought I would share to see what you guys think. The other evening I was eating dinner at a semi-family reunion and I told them my plans and dreams to go to medical school. My aunt and father who are both almost 50 years old laughed and said "Yes I'm going to be a doctor too" and I proceeded to tell them how "it may be a little to late for a career change" and they said "No it's not I'm not that old".

Now by this, I can tell they were kidding about becoming a doctor, but I couldn't help but feel like they were undermining my passion for medicine, or acting as if I'm incapable of becoming a doctor. I'm trying my hardest as a 4.0 student about to transfer to university from undegrad while working and volunteering as a scribe at a local free clinic. Am I thinking too much out of this?
Yes. Follow your heart.

You absolutely will run into people who, for whatever reasons, will try to diminish your goals and dreams. Avoid them

Reactions: 2 users