Can I bring my own headphones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morriske

This is my fur child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My head phones can double as earplugs because they are noise cancelling. Just wondering if I need to go out and buy earplugs before my test on Fri. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My head phones can double as earplugs because they are noise cancelling. Just wondering if I need to go out and buy earplugs before my test on Fri. Thanks!

I don't know about electronic ones, but I know you can bring ordinary ear plugs to the testing center.

I don't know about electronic ones, but I know you can bring ordinary ear plugs to the testing center.

Ewww...so we have to use headphones that have been used by other people? I hope they sterilize those things. I don't need to be picking up a case of pseudomonas otitis externa while I take the boards :laugh:

Seriously, does anyone know if I can bring my own electronic headphones?

Ewww...so we have to use headphones that have been used by other people? I hope they sterilize those things. I don't need to be picking up a case of pseudomonas otitis externa while I take the boards :laugh:

I don't think you can bring your own headphones, but our center also had noise canceling headphones available at each station. Maybe all centers do? I saw them cleaning the headphones once we were done for the next group of testers, hopefully that's standard practice! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Call your testing center. And I SERIOUSLY doubt they will let you. I mean, we cant even have a watch. lol

you can bring earplugs, but they have to be in the original packaging and you have to open them in front of the people at the testing center

you can bring earplugs, but they have to be in the original packaging and you have to open them in front of the people at the testing center

and they can't have a wire that connects them

and they can't have a wire that connects them

guess i'm heading to CVS...I should probably be studying pharm or branchial arches or something since my test is tomorrow. Instead I'm worrying about headphones. Denial, denial, denial :scared:

Agreed. No headphones. Own unopened drugstore earplugs are allowed. No watches. You have to turn out your pockets, and decide ahead of time if you want to hear a sweater. Basically it's like you are going into prison lock-up, minus the rubber glove exam.

what about drug store watches that are still in their packaging when you arrive?

Agreed. No headphones. Own unopened drugstore earplugs are allowed. No watches. You have to turn out your pockets, and decide ahead of time if you want to hear a sweater. Basically it's like you are going into prison lock-up, minus the rubber glove exam.
Wait.....they told me it was SOP.....:scared: