Can I bring my own Noise Blockers for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

astrife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I hear the headphones they have for the MCAT suck. Do you think my testing site would object to me having ear plugs, and my own headphones that I use for studying now?

Members don't see this ad.

So I hear the headphones they have for the MCAT suck. Do you think my testing site would object to me having ear plugs, and my own headphones that I use for studying now?

they would def object to your own headphones...earplugs you may be able to get away with, if you arrange this in advance...

My testing center allowed earplugs. Way better than those uncomfortable headphone types, especially if you wear glasses. Visit the testing center to scope it out ahead of time.

my testing center also allowed me to take in my foam earplugs. the lady said as long as they don't have a cord you can use them... these were a lifesaver since the ventilation in my exam room was loud as hell!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Different policy for each test center, you should call and ask. Some will say no, some say you can bring an unopened package of ear plugs.

Different policy for each test center, you should call and ask. Some will say no, some say you can bring an unopened package of ear plugs.

Yeah exactly. In general, earplugs are ok, but if the proctor is in doubt, chances are they will say no.