astrife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
So I hear the headphones they have for the MCAT suck. Do you think my testing site would object to me having ear plugs, and my own headphones that I use for studying now?

ronaldo23

The Truth
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2007
Status
Medical Student
So I hear the headphones they have for the MCAT suck. Do you think my testing site would object to me having ear plugs, and my own headphones that I use for studying now?
they would def object to your own headphones...earplugs you may be able to get away with, if you arrange this in advance...

DrSmooth

Secret Recipe Soda
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
My testing center allowed earplugs. Way better than those uncomfortable headphone types, especially if you wear glasses. Visit the testing center to scope it out ahead of time.

DrSmday

7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
Cali
Status
Pre-Medical
my testing center also allowed me to take in my foam earplugs. the lady said as long as they don't have a cord you can use them... these were a lifesaver since the ventilation in my exam room was loud as hell!!!

FuSoYa

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Different policy for each test center, you should call and ask. Some will say no, some say you can bring an unopened package of ear plugs.

Vihsadas

No summer
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2007
An Igloo
Status
Medical Student
Different policy for each test center, you should call and ask. Some will say no, some say you can bring an unopened package of ear plugs.
Yeah exactly. In general, earplugs are ok, but if the proctor is in doubt, chances are they will say no.