Can I come back from a 2.9 gpa junior year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kowalskip

Reaction score
I am slightly freaking out about my GPA this semester. I worked so hard in Fall of 2020 to bring my GPA up to a 3.1 in hopes thus semester to bring up to a 3.3, which did not happen. Instead, turned into a 2.89. With all classes being online and a lot of life changing personal adjustments, I did not have my full focus into school the way I should. I know I can get good grades but I am not a straight A student. I have a lot of clinic hours and I am a Vet Tech for two years now and plan on doing an education trip to Ecuador. I know these can help but I want my grades to reflect I am a good student. If I do well is there a chance for me to turn things around? This summer I am retaking Physics II to bring my D+ up as well as Genetics from a D to hopefully a B+ or higher. Thank you so much if anyone answers it truly means a lot to me!!

Members don't see this ad.

Focus on keeping your grades up for the rest of undergrad and apply to schools who focus on last 45 gpa and don’t care about cumulative gpa.