Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

can i double major in music and film?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by metalhead1023, Jun 1, 2008.

1. metalhead1023

metalhead1023 High School Student
    2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    could I double major in both of those subjects and if I still get in Bio chem org and physics can i still apply to med school

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MilkmanAl

MilkmanAl Al the Ass Mod
    Physician 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    No, you have to major in biology (or in pre-med if that's available at your school). Are there any other majors?

You can major in whatever you want as long as you get the pre-reqs out of the way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pianola

pianola MS2
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I double majored in music and French. Pre-med courses are doable provided you do virtually NOTHING else. It totally depends on your program, though.

4. pianola

pianola MS2
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I hope you're asking this question as a freshman btw.

5. batch5000

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That double major will be an incredible amount of work.

6. greg1184

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    As long as you can fit your prereqs in, you can major in whatever you want.

7. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, I dbl majored in music and psych undergrad and was so overloaded that I couldn't have done my pre-reqs if I would've wanted to.

I spent an extra year getting ready for med school. It was worth it, to me. If you love music & film, do it and enjoy it. Just be prepared for a long road ahead.

8. dienekes88

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Heck yeah you can.

9. justapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have to say that at least for me, music major has been time consuming.

I'm double majoring with biochem, and trying to balance research lab (~15 hr/wk) while trying to maintain 20+ hours of rehearsal and practicing time per week on top of other EC's and taking premed courses and major-required courses... it's a challenge, but if you really enjoy what you do, definitely doable and worth it :)

10. Danbo1957

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I double majored in Liberal Arts and went pre-med - ended up with 146 credit hours. Normal B.A. needs 120 credit hours to graduate...

11. justapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    haha yeah I just finished junior year and I have 125 credits right now. Sad thing is, I'm predicting at least another 35-40 credit hours during my senior year.