can i double major in music and film?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metalhead1023

High School Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
could I double major in both of those subjects and if I still get in Bio chem org and physics can i still apply to med school

Members don't see this ad.

No, you have to major in biology (or in pre-med if that's available at your school). Are there any other majors?

You can major in whatever you want as long as you get the pre-reqs out of the way.

I double majored in music and French. Pre-med courses are doable provided you do virtually NOTHING else. It totally depends on your program, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you're asking this question as a freshman btw.

That double major will be an incredible amount of work.

As long as you can fit your prereqs in, you can major in whatever you want.

Yeah, I dbl majored in music and psych undergrad and was so overloaded that I couldn't have done my pre-reqs if I would've wanted to.

I spent an extra year getting ready for med school. It was worth it, to me. If you love music & film, do it and enjoy it. Just be prepared for a long road ahead.

I have to say that at least for me, music major has been time consuming.

I'm double majoring with biochem, and trying to balance research lab (~15 hr/wk) while trying to maintain 20+ hours of rehearsal and practicing time per week on top of other EC's and taking premed courses and major-required courses... it's a challenge, but if you really enjoy what you do, definitely doable and worth it :)

I double majored in Liberal Arts and went pre-med - ended up with 146 credit hours. Normal B.A. needs 120 credit hours to graduate...

haha yeah I just finished junior year and I have 125 credits right now. Sad thing is, I'm predicting at least another 35-40 credit hours during my senior year.