Medical Can I drop a class after being accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from my undergrad program in Dec. 2019 but am currently enrolled in an A&P course through a local CC that was required by one of the MD programs I applied to. As I have already graduated, the course is not a requirement academically for me in any way shape or form other than for the single MD program. I was accepted to another program that I prefer and as a result would 100% not attend the program that required the A&P course. I began taking the course after submitting my transcripts and had not notified any schools of my taking the course. I understand I will have to submit final transcripts to the program I end up attending, but would the incomplete course be cause for rescinding my acceptance?
If you are within the drop-add deadline, you should be able to drop the class without it showing up on your transcript. If it isn't required to your committed school, you should be okay to drop it unless they expect you to complete it. I'd still check with them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, should clarify that I am out of the withdrawal window and I think it would read as incomplete on my transcript.

I would contact the schools and say that you had originally planned to do A&P but other circumstances caused you to withdraw. Surprises are not a great thing at this point.

Sorry, should clarify that I am out of the withdrawal window and I think it would read as incomplete on my transcript.

Also a suggestion: can you take it pass/fail if you already paid for the class? I'm not sure about the way you can change that, but it may be worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.