Can I ease up in my post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NuttyEngDude

Red-Flagville
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been accepted to a DO school, other schools still to get back to me including my in-state MD school, so I have no intentions of applying next cycle, this is it! At this point can I go ahead and "ease up" on the post-bacc or should I keep trying really hard to get all A's? I'm currently on the A/B borderline in a couple of classes and wondering if I should "kill myself," figuratively speaking, to get those A's.

These grades seem to not matter at all other than getting the bio degree, which I want to get as a personal goal and I've been pushing for so long now it seems unnatural to stop.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well, I've been accepted to a DO school, other schools still to get back to me including my in-state MD school, so I have no intentions of applying next cycle, this is it! At this point can I go ahead and "ease up" on the post-bacc or should I keep trying really hard to get all A's? I'm currently on the A/B borderline in a couple of classes and wondering if I should "kill myself," figuratively speaking, to get those A's.

These grades seem to not matter at all other than getting the bio degree, which I want to get as a personal goal and I've been pushing for so long now it seems unnatural to stop.

It depends on how much you want to go to your in-state school (or other schools you're waiting to hear back from). If you want the best shot possible even off the waitlist, then definitely shoot for the A. If not, then I don't see how easing up a little bit would hurt you.

Reactions: 1 user

It is unlikely that courses you are taking now will have a significant impact on schools you are still waiting to hear from. You are in, and as long as you don't start getting Fs in everything you take, you won't lose your acceptance. If I were you, I would definitely ease up and enjoy a little down time before the real work of med school begins. Congrats!

I'd go for the As and call it good after this semester (no classes in the spring) if at all possible. Having an update to give schools with a 4.0 won't hurt your chances.