This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksk11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
im taking my test in about a week and i really wanted to know if getting above a 504 is likely here! Ive been constantly reading that these practice tests are hard but i dont know how they would compare on the real test.

Princeton FL:
Demo Test: 497
Test 1: 498
Test 2: 497

EK:
EK 1: 46%
EK 2: 58%
EK 3: 60%
EK 4: 59%

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously start doing AAMC material. Guessing you are the August 4/5 test day. You need to get through the Section Bank, CARS packs, Official Guide, Sample Test and finally the Scored AAMC as your last test.

Take the unscored / scored and report back.

This is what i got on my unscored AAMC Fl:
Chem: 53%
Cars: 79%
Bio: 66%
Psych: 64%

Scored AAMC Fl:
Chem: 56% 124
Cars: 58% 123
Bio: 69% 126
Psych: 75% 126

Total:499

What do you think i would get realistically? Was surprised that i dropped so much for cars.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously start doing AAMC material. Guessing you are the August 4/5 test day. You need to get through the Section Bank, CARS packs, Official Guide, Sample Test and finally the Scored AAMC as your last test.

Scored AAMC Fl:

What do you think i would get realistically? Was surprised that i dropped so much for cars.

Scored AAMC Fl:

Please stop spamming threads. I understand you're worried, but this won't get you a quicker response nor does it help the community...Everyone has a question, please be patient...

Reactions: 1 user
Realistically I think you should consider rescheduling. To jump 5 points on test day from your scored isn't THAT unrealistic but your MCAT score isn't really something you want to test your luck on. You CAN get a 504 on test day, but don't bank on it if you don't have to.

A 499 to 504 jump is much more difficult then a 510 to 515 jump, for instance. It seems like for this new test if you are below 508, you stay there. But for those that get above 508, it's a massive ****show and people end up anywhere between 508-528 (not really kidding... reading people getting 512 on the AAMC scored then 522 on the real is not terribly uncommon)

A 499 to 504 jump is much more difficult then a 510 to 515 jump, for instance. It seems like for this new test if you are below 508, you stay there. But for those that get above 508, it's a massive ****show and people end up anywhere between 508-528 (not really kidding... reading people getting 512 on the AAMC scored then 522 on the real is not terribly uncommon)
I don't know if you're serious, but I know for sure that you're wrong.

Prove it.

Jumping from a 499 to a 504 can be simply done. People in the 499 range probably have gaping content holes and this can be easily remedied. It gets a little harder in the 510 range when test-taking skills start coming into account. All the high scores have a solid content base and what separates a 510 from a 515 is much harder to work on than what separates a 499 and a 504. (This is just my opinion)

P.S It's not a ****show in the 508-528 where people are randomly getting scores. I know a person who scored a 525 and a person who scored a 512 and the difference in intelligence between them is very apparent. (They are both very smart people but the guy that got a 525 is way beyond what me and my friend are capable of.)

Prove it.
Thats how the bell curve works.
I dont know where you are getting this information from. Looking at the score database, those kind of score variations are the exception, not the norm. If that were truly the case, then we wouldnt say the AAMC scored is the most accurate predictor. This is errant information.