Medical Can I get a nonclinical job during gap year and volunteer a couple times a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a gap year right now after a failed previous cycle where I got 1 interview then a rejection. I thought my app was fairly decent (512, 3.9, good ecs) but the timing screwed me over. This time I applied slightly earlier but not early since it took a good 7 weeks to get verified. However I submitted all my state schools + a few out of state targets in September.

As for my gap year plans, I listed on my app that I was pursuing hobbies, learning new skills, and spending time with family. I was trying to find a research job in August but my skin got really inflamed during my course on Accutane (some uncommon side effects like granulation tissue but nothing mental), which is why I decided to postpone finding any jobs. However, I've gotten much better and feel like I can work now. However, I can't really find any medically related jobs right now like scribing and research and I feel like it will take a while to find something. Do you think it would seem good to medical schools if I just get a job at best buy for good pay and volunteer once or twice a week at a hospital to continue building on my clinical experience? After all, if there's even a slight chance that I may have to apply for a third time, then I want to make sure my application still shows growth and motivation.
That will be good.

This year you were on time.

Work on interviews skills as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.