This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueberry4104

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
These look very science-y to me lol

Reactions: 1 user
These are science courses. They are in the BIO Sciences department and have Biology and Ecology in the title, and have labs.

You do not want to ever seem like you are trying to "get away" with anything in your application OR your future career in medicine. You will just have to do very well in the rest of your science courses to try to bring up your sGPA and try to compensate by making sure you have a stellar application in every other way. And, as always, prepare for the fact that you might have to do gap years, multiple application seasons, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had nursing courses placed under HEAL, NURS prefix and everything, and AMCAS switched them to BCPM.

I had nursing courses placed under HEAL, NURS prefix and everything, and AMCAS switched them to BCPM.
What nursing courses switched over? Thinks like "Chemistry for the health sciences" or something like that?

I don’t think the lab would count... “analytical techniques” and “field trips”?

The lecture will definitely count. Sorry

Pathophysiology :laugh:

I mean naturally...

Mind helping me figure something out? Don’t wanna hijack the thread. I’ve been searching this site for months and have been getting mixed responsss. One of my stats courses (psych department) was math based but is in the Psych department and I have no clue if it counts as BCPM or not Dx

I mean naturally...

Mind helping me figure something out? Don’t wanna hijack the thread. I’ve been searching this site for months and have been getting mixed responsss. One of my stats courses (psych department) was math based but is in the Psych department and I have no clue if it counts as BCPM or not Dx
Does it have 'Stats' in the title of the class? If so, BCPM it.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean naturally...

I classified based on prefix alone and that I took it as a nursing student.

Does it have 'Stats' in the title of the class? If so, BCPM it.

This.

I mean naturally...

I was a Psych major for awhile and from what I recall from my own research, yes, this is BCPM because of the content.

Experimental design and statistical inference but course code is PSY haha wanted to not count it Bc I didn’t do well in it hehe
Yah, were I an AMCAS person, I would BCPM that. Don't lie on your application, but classify it based on how you felt the content was. If it was 50%+ mathematics, BCPM.