Can I get in ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabedoc88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My overall Gpa will be 3.1 my science gpa 3.0 and my mcat 29 can I get into either an allopathic or osteopathic med school ?
Also I took a course twice at my old college then transfered and took it will the amcas or aacom count the grade from the old school twice? or disregard it and take the highest score which would have come from my new school .
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a good MCAT score. May be try to bring up your GPA by taking additional science courses.

An allopathic med school acceptance is unlikely as you are.

DO schools only include the most recent grade if you retake, provided the credit hours are the same or greater. You might take advantage of this policy and retake more classes where your grades are low, in order to raise your GPA quickly, especially if they are prerequisites. DO schools will probably want to see a recent upward grade trend and some ability to do well in upper-level science. If all your poor grades were freshman year and you've done well since, you might be successful as you are. But for the best chances at DO, I'd suggest you try to raise your science GPA first with either retakes or new coursework.