General Admissions & OTCAS Can I get into any schools with Bs in anatomy and physiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

didyouknow96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have the time or money to retake them. I'm a junior in college and want to apply to schools with Fall.

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely. If you have a GPA above a 3.0 (pretty standard across programs) and score well on GRE, have substantial experience whether that be volunteering, rehab tech, ABA, leadership, research, or in schools you have a chance of getting in. I applied to 6 programs got accepted in to 3 and waitlisted at 2... I have a GPA of 3.2 for undergrad and 3.1ish depending on the school for pre-reqs (Bs on most including anatomy and phsyio) , scored a 307 on the GRE with 3.0 on the writing portion. Bs in anatomy and physio wont hurt your chances, worry about making the rest of your application (supplemental essays, personal statement, GRE) the best it can be a lot of times thats what a school is looking at. If you're very concerned look at schools who focus on looking at the applicant as a whole.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely try and retake it before you graduate if you are worried about it. I had a C+ and B+ in both anatomys and it hurt my applications. I had a 3.6 GPA but like a 3.3 prereq because of those. That was the only part of my application that was lacking and it caused me to not get into my number one school. A B is definitely better than a C, but if you get a chance I would retake it just to be safe.

Alternate suggestion: Over the summer, take a related course that could demonstrate you understand the material, like kinesiology, pathophysiology, or neuroscience. These can be hard, but they tend to be one term long.

Reactions: 1 users
It is certainly possible! I have a 3.68 GPA and only because I had 2 C+'s in A+P. I have gotten accepted to a couple of OT schools already.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have the time or money to retake them. I'm a junior in college and want to apply to schools with Fall.
I got B's in both and was accepted to several schools. You just have to make it up with the other portions of your application.

I’m going to UIC next fall and I got two Bs. I got a B- in anatomy 1 and then retook it and got an A!

I took A&P at a community college after I had already finished my undergrad. I got an A in A&P 1 and a B in A&P 2 and I have been accepted to 2 schools this year (plus interview offers at several more that I declined because I already had gotten into the school I wanted).