Can I get into Dental school with an F?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whoDATwhoDAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had a pretty rocky few years that have not been working to my favor. I was originally in a college and was doing absolutely terrible and transferred out to the college I am currently in.

These are my grades currently
Gen Chem 1: C+
Lab: A-

Gen Chem 2: B
Lab: A

Orgo 1: A-
Lab: a

Orgo 2: A

Phsyics 1: A-

Phsyics 2: A
Lab: A

Bio 1: B

Bio 2... F. I completely messed up in this class the first time I took it, but when I retook it I got an A-.

I also have a couple of W's, one C, and one D.

Members don't see this ad.

yes. Re-take the class and show upward trend or maintain your gpa high and explain what happened.

I don't think one F should derail you by any means, esp. considering you re-took and got an A-

Maintain an upward trend and destroy your DAT!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I know people who have done it. They made sure to show improvement and not make the same mistake again.

Get C's or above and it's technically fine. You can't have D's and F's for final grade.

Two Fs, one D, two Cs, a laundry list of Bs, followed up with three years of hard science post-bacc As got me into many schools last cycle. Don't let a lone bad mark turn into a trend and you'll be golden. Good work on the retake.