Can i get into UCLA without taking organic chemistry??? Please help!!!

pixisprinkles

10+ Year Member
May 3, 2006
California
www.myspace.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok, here's the thing. I'm in my sophomore year of junior college and i havn't taken Organic chemistry yet. I can't take it this year because i still have some pre-reqs to get out of the way for o-chem. They say they prefer you to take at least the first semester of O chem at the community college level and then continue on the second half at UCLA. This doesn't make much sense to me, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, is there a realistic hope of me getting in this fall? What should i do? Thanks!

butmylipshurtrealbad

Coolesteverclubmem4life
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you talking about undergrad? :confused: I was a transfer student looking into UC's, I will say that I remember UCLA was pretty strict about completing certain pre-major requirments before even attempting to apply. Call their admissions advisors (these are the kinds of questions they expect you to ask) and be sure. Good luck:)

Zoom-Zoom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
California
Status
Medical Student
Ah, I thought you were talking about med school at first. That would be a resounding no. I agree with the above poster, UCLA is weird like that. And their not in the business of making exceptions.

About the Ads

MeBeans

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I transfered to UCLA without any OChem. Then again, I wasn't a science major going in (changed majors while there).
So, if you're going in claiming you're pre-med, it's "recommended", though not "required". If you go in with a different focus, it's not even "recommended". Once you're in, you can switch to any major you want (within the same college... no chem engineering unless you reapply to that college).

About the Ads