1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Can i get into UCLA without taking organic chemistry??? Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pixisprinkles, Jul 18, 2006.

1. pixisprinkles

pixisprinkles Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    Ok, here's the thing. I'm in my sophomore year of junior college and i havn't taken Organic chemistry yet. I can't take it this year because i still have some pre-reqs to get out of the way for o-chem. They say they prefer you to take at least the first semester of O chem at the community college level and then continue on the second half at UCLA. This doesn't make much sense to me, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, is there a realistic hope of me getting in this fall? What should i do? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. butmylipshurtrealbad

butmylipshurtrealbad Coolesteverclubmem4life
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Are you talking about undergrad? :confused: I was a transfer student looking into UC's, I will say that I remember UCLA was pretty strict about completing certain pre-major requirments before even attempting to apply. Call their admissions advisors (these are the kinds of questions they expect you to ask) and be sure. Good luck:)

4. Zoom-Zoom

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ah, I thought you were talking about med school at first. That would be a resounding no. I agree with the above poster, UCLA is weird like that. And their not in the business of making exceptions.

5. MeBeans

MeBeans Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I transfered to UCLA without any OChem. Then again, I wasn't a science major going in (changed majors while there).
    So, if you're going in claiming you're pre-med, it's "recommended", though not "required". If you go in with a different focus, it's not even "recommended". Once you're in, you can switch to any major you want (within the same college... no chem engineering unless you reapply to that college).

6. lordmickytron

lordmickytron Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i transferred as a biochem major without taking any ochem