gaki

needs help
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
hi
Status
Medical Student
Hello... I was in the middle of packing and donating and throwing things out, and I came upon my undergrad text books. Does any one know if these books are at all useful in med school? Physics, Chem, Ochem, Bio, Calc?

I guess its a silly question.. but I thought Id ask.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Hello... I was in the middle of packing and donating and throwing things out, and I came upon my undergrad text books. Does any one know if these books are at all useful in med school? Physics, Chem, Ochem, Bio, Calc?

I would reread them all before med school and work the practice problems as well.

TheRealMD

"The Mac Guy"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2007
Houston, Texas
Status
Medical Student
Undergrad stuff is learned in 2 days anyway. I'd sell them or chuck them.

Bond8204

Anatomy Lab Crasher
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2007
Chicagoland, IL
Status
Medical Student
The only books I'm keeping were a physio book that I loved and a genetics book that I had to keep because they wouldn't let me sell it back. Both are less than an inch thick.

I'd definitely sell or toss every one of the subjects you listed above.

[pj]

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Hold onto calc. That's definitely useful.

eikenhein

Supreme Commander Anesthesiologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
[pj];6558391 said:
Hold onto calc. That's definitely useful.
Right.... :sleep:

Wylde

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
I like to put them on a bookshelf behind a desk, so it looks like I'm smart.

Bananas Foster

Eats Whole Pies
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2007
Status
Medical Student
i might be the only one, but every now and then i wish i kept some books. Just for fun, kinda, i took a modern physics class and wanted to reference some calc and linear algebra, but without books i had to depend upon the internet and the library where i really was used to how my books explained them

but i also know i move so often and like to travel lightly, i'd probably still sell/donate them.

OP
gaki

gaki

needs help
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
hi
Status
Medical Student
yeah... that sounds like me.. i guess ill get past the 'textbook longing' the same way. hahahaha

i might be the only one, but every now and then i wish i kept some books. Just for fun, kinda, i took a modern physics class and wanted to reference some calc and linear algebra, but without books i had to depend upon the internet and the library where i really was used to how my books explained them

but i also know i move so often and like to travel lightly, i'd probably still sell/donate them.

wisconsindoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2007
Status

Burn baby, burn.

Yasargil

:\\/\//:
10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2008
Status
Post Doc
from what i understand, undergrad stuff isn't really useful in med school, especially physics, chem, and o chem.
Yes, and this is clearly why it is important to know this material for the MCAT and thusly for medical school.:rolleyes:

What a crock of ****.

__Whatever__

SketchLazy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I hear that 'Molecular Biology of the Cell' by Bruce Alberts is a good reference for any biology related field. If it doesn't work as a reference, you can always use it to weight train.

Status
Not open for further replies.