CrypticRomantic

2+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
So I am trying to see what my options are at this point and could use some advice. I have low board scores: step 1 of 204, comlex level I 425. Step 2 ck: 212, comlex level 2 pending, no failures. I have done one psych sub-i, others cancelled due to COVID. Got my step 2 ck score today and I am very disappointed in my score. It’s not that I’m not a hard worker or lazy. I am just a terrible test taker..
Is there any chance of matching psych or community IM with my dismally low board scores? Or do I need to apply FM? :(

Last edited:

popopopop

7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Status
  1. Medical Student
You will match IM for sure, don't limit your geography.

Reactions: 1 users

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jun 1, 2018
So I am trying to see what my options are at this point and could use some advice. I have low board scores: step 1 of 204, comlex level I 425. Step 2 ck: 212, comlex level 2 pending. I have done one psych sub-i, others cancelled due to COVID. Got my step 2 ck score today and I am very disappointed in my score. It’s not that I’m not a hard worker or lazy. I am just a terrible test taker..
Is there any chance of matching psych or community IM with my dismally low board scores? Or do I need to apply FM? :(
why the face with the thought of applying FM..? FM isn't bad, you can still do psych and deal with chronic conditions in FM. Probably not to the same extent, but the degree of complexity of conditions you'll treat will be based on how well of a clinician you are.

About the Ads
Feb 16, 2019
Look at page 219 of the NBME Charting outcomes for DO grads. Your chances of matching in psych seem pretty good. No one with your step 2 score who applied failed to match. As long as you are not picky, it would probably be smart to try. Your comlex 1 is probably the most statistically useful, 70% (46/65) of students with a 401-450 matched. It sounds like you will get interviews and it will depend how well you do.

IM you have a >90% of matching if you apply well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

drducky.

2+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2018
Status
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
In addition to the previous poster, around 90% of people matched based on your step 1 score too.
I think as long as you don’t have any major red flags like board/class failures, it’s def worth a shot.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads