Medical Can I negotiate financial aid if I have 2 acceptances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received a full cost of attendance scholarship at a Top 20 out-of-state school. I really don't want to leave my state of residence, but money is also a major factor for me. A few weeks ago, I also received an acceptance to an in-state private school. On the phone call, the Dean of Admissions told me, "we're going to do whatever it takes to get you here," and "Don't make any rash decisions about other schools. Make sure you contact me first."

First, I wasn't sure if these types of comments are common during acceptance calls. Also, was this an open door for me to contact her if I received a compelling offer elsewhere? I'm honestly just not sure how to read her comments. I would absolutely go to the in-state school if they could match (or close to match) my other offer. The in-state private is also lower-ranked than the T20. Should I contact the Dean? If so, when? And how exactly do I go about this conversation? Any help appreciated.

If she said to contact her, you should take her at her word. You can explain it in much the same way as you have described here.

Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.