May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
HELP!!!!!!! I know there's a spreadsheet to compare scores....but it might be slightly biased because of all the higher scoring members...I'm curious how I will perform for CARS...I wrote the AAMC scored test because I've exhausted most of my practice material and wanted to see where I stood 2-3 weeks before my exam....I'm hoping to get a score of 515+ (hopefully 127+ in CARS)...here are my scores so far...

AAMC Scored
509 - 129/125/128/127 (finished each section other than CARS 30 minutes early...sort of blew it by just gunning to the next section...)

AAMC Sample Test (Second time taking it after a year.... forgot all passages except for 1 or 2)
Overall 81%
97%/72%/93%/88%

Averaging 70% for EK (#1 and #3); Averaging 507 on NS; 502 TPR (very first FLs)

Section Banks:
Psych/Socio: 78%
B/B: 84%
C/P: 83%

CARS QPacks: ~73%

I think I really need to hammer down CARS and psych/socio some more...am I close to my goal score?? How should I push for the next 2-3 weeks?? (Exhausted EK101, Khan and TPRH 2011 for CARS - should I redo them?) Can I bring my CARS score up??????

I write in September...(No longer going to my planned Brussels trip...going to grind out the last while)

bobeanie95

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Consensus is that usually majority of people score +/- 2 from their scored exam

Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Get the NS 108 CARS workbook. Also start using the Old AAMC FL VR sections

Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I heard that the NS CARS book is pretty bad/inconsistent. Is that false?
I heard its really hard but am more recommending it because OP has done everything else I would recommend. Actually OP get the free TPR tests and do their CARS sections, they are great practice. There are 6 free TPR tests so that will give you 54 more passages to do.

OP
JohnWall69
May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I heard its really hard but am more recommending it because OP has done everything else I would recommend. Actually OP get the free TPR tests and do their CARS sections, they are great practice. There are 6 free TPR tests so that will give you 54 more passages to do.
Brilliant! Where can I find these free TPR tests?

Last edited:
OP
JohnWall69
May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
register the isbn on their site.
Ohhhh...sorry I meant to say TPR was one of my first FLs...I took the free online one so I don't have the books

Is there a way to get a hold of these TPR FLs??

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Ohhhh...sorry I meant to say TPR was one of my first FLs...I took the free online one so I don't have the books

Is there a way to get a hold of these TPR FLs??
Yes. Just use amazon to get the ISBN numbers and register the books on their website. That is it.

Reactions: JohnWall69