Can I request to take the MCAT on paper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clothcut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My eyes get so strained staring a computer screen even for 30 minutes because of the glare. I already have my testing site for May. Does anyone know if this is still possible and if it'd interfere with when I received my score?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My eyes get so strained staring a computer screen even for 30 minutes because of the glare. I already have my testing site for May. Does anyone know if this is still possible and if it'd interfere with when I received my score?

Thanks

Highly doubt it.

If they even do still allow it, it won't be because of strained eyes and would have to be something much more medically debilitating, think seizures or something (which would probably preclude you from passing the technical standards at any medical school). Testing sites aren't even prepared to give you a paper exam so even if you do pass the previous hurdle, I find it hard to imagine they would allow you to keep your testing site.

You could try to find some glasses that reduce glare.

Or some clip-on sunglasses perhaps, though I don't know if that's allowed....

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try to find some glasses that reduce glare.

Or some clip-on sunglasses perhaps, though I don't know if that's allowed....

Damn, wish I'd thought of that. I would've felt way cooler taking the test in shades.

All those people in the lobby like :scared:
And then I walk in like :cool:
Proctors go:confused:
But I'd still be :cool:
Result: 45 all day.

Really though, OP, no. You'll be taking it on the computer.