can I still be matched???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sekem

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can I still be matched???

Members don't see this ad.

Did you scramble? There are still postions available.

Since you are obviously still a premed hoping to get off UBuffalo's waitlist--no, you can not be matched. Good luck getting in to med school though! :)

Since you are obviously still a premed hoping to get off UBuffalo's waitlist--no, you can not be matched. Good luck getting in to med school though! :)

Owned!!! LOL.

A friend of mine asked that question during that time, and I asked that for him, wow do you read all the posts on SDN? go get a girl friend man and dont waste your life! ;)

Well you can no longer "match" because that implies participation in a formal procedure like the NRMP.

However, you can still get a residency position although most unfilled after the match will be so by now. Yet, as the start of the year gets closer, people change their minds, break contracts, etc. and spots open up, continuing on through the year. Trouble is there is no centralized database where you can find out about these spots - you have to look on specialty websites, ask around, etc. and find the spot yourself.

Best of luck...

Yes. There are a few instances where someone drops out. But how common is it? I was not successful in the scramble either and cannot afford to sit out another year.