Can I still get into pharmacy school and licensed with a felony?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bunz916

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just finished all my pre-reqs for pharmacy school here in Florida and I have a 3.8 science and math gpa. My overall gpa is a 3.03 which I brought up in 2 1/2 years from a 0.8 which I earned from 3 years of goofing off. My big question is would I be able to get into pharmacy school with a felony in possession of marijuana with intent to sell? This happened in 06 when I just turned 18. I am now 24 and have completely changed my life around. I even moved across the country to get away from my old life style to pursue a successful career. That felony is now expunged. I'm worried that I won't be able to get into pharmacy school, and if there is a chance that I do, then would I able to get an intern license to complete the program? Ive talked to te BOP here in Florida and they told me its a case by case review...

Members don't see this ad.

My buddy got in with a similar record. He did have to jump through extra hoops with the board, and he couldn't get a tech job at Walgreens. I don't know if he's working now, but he just finished his first year.

If you're friend got through his first year, then he must have gotten his intern license? What exactly was his felony?

We didn't go into too deep detail talking about it. It was drug/alcohol related though. I know he had to go in for regular urine testing. I think this was a program to get it expunged, but I'm not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)