can I still submit my application even though my official transcript doesn't have my final grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

don't you dare

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
can I still submit my application even though my official transcript doesn't have my final grade?
my school is in quarter system so final grades won't come out on official transcript until mid june.
If i do submit (if i can lol) before my spring quarter grades are in the transcript and i just send in an updated transcript after it comes out in mid june. Does that mean my application won't be processed until amcas reviews my most recent transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

my school is in quarter system so final grades won't come out on official transcript until mid june.
If i do submit (if i can lol) before my spring quarter grades are in the transcript and i just send in an updated transcript after it comes out in mid june. Does that mean my application won't be processed until amcas reviews my most recent transcript?
If your school is willing to send an official transcript in the middle of the term, (some won't) AMCAS will use it for verification. If your first incomplete transcript is already verified, AMCAS will not update your application after a second transcript arrives.

Reactions: 1 users
If your school is willing to send an official transcript in the middle of the term, (some won't) AMCAS will use it for verification. If your first incomplete transcript is already verified, AMCAS will not update your application after a second transcript arrives.
I advise all students to wait for final grades before submitting
Thank you! I will then have to submit everything mid June. Do you think that's still early enough for my application to be seen by MS in one of the first batches?

Members don't see this ad :)
1) If you are unfamilar with the process then familiarize yourself fast
How Does AMCAS® Work?
AMCAS® Overview - Part I
AMCAS® Overview - Part II
AMCAS® Overview - Part III

2) The question was on transcripts, which are part of the verification process of the primary application which cannot be updated.

3) LOR/LOE are part of the AMCAS letter service and can be added later

4) I want to see all spring grades before, especially for juniors as they usually have important coursework such as Organic II and Biochem

5) at this point all applicants should have downloaded and studied the 2018 AMCAS Applicant Guide to the point of knowing parts of it verbatim. https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...da78e/2018_amcas_applicant_guide_web-tags.pdf
Thanks gonnif. This quarter I’m taking electives, I already finished all my premed per-reqs. Do secondaries have update information? Otherwise I’ll wait until spring grades

I have roughly 100 semester units completed as of now (not including AP credit, does that count as well?).
Yes, AP credits awarded by your college count toward the total.

Does having a 4.0 gpa change anything?
It might give cause to wonder if you're trying to protect your application GPA by omitting grades from courses in progress where you are at risk of earning lower grades.

Reactions: 1 user