Can I still take the March-June exam if I signed up for the January one?

ilovemedi

5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2011
327
9
Status
I guess I'm confused by the wording of the AAMC's email to me. They wrote:

"Examinees registered for January 2014 exams will not be able to reschedule into June 2014 through January 2015 test dates. If you do not wish to test in January 2014, you should cancel your exam by the Gold Zone Registration deadline, then register for a new exam when registration for the June 2014 through January 2015 dates becomes available."

So if I still take the exam in January, can I still sign up for march, april, may, june dates if they have a spot open? (I know june sign up dates have yet to be announced)
 
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2011
1,721
285
Status
Medical Student
If you take the exam, sure.
You can also just cancel the exam and sign up anew when the June dates are opened.

What you cannot do, however, is try to reschedule your January test date for a later date (because those dates haven't opened registration yet). So basically, if you miss the deadline for cancelling.. you're stuck with either not showing up or voiding.

EDIT: maybe you can switch into March. sounds like you can. I'd contact AAMC.
 
Last edited:

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
2,893
125
Miami
Status
Pre-Medical
You mean if someone were to reschedule to March they can't? Or that is still possible? I think the March dates were opened with the January dates.
 
Jun 29, 2011
1,721
285
Status
Medical Student
You mean if someone were to reschedule to March they can't? Or that is still possible? I think the March dates were opened with the January dates.
Yea, don't know about March dates then. I'd call AAMC and check specifically before the cancellation date. Based on that excerpt, you should be able to reschedule into March.
 
OP
I

ilovemedi

5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2011
327
9
Status
If you take the exam, sure.
You can also just cancel the exam and sign up anew when the June dates are opened.

What you cannot do, however, is try to reschedule your January test date for a later date (because those dates haven't opened registration yet). So basically, if you miss the deadline for cancelling.. you're stuck with either not showing up or voiding.

EDIT: maybe you can switch into March. sounds like you can. I'd contact AAMC.
Hm. It seems I can reschedule to a march/april/may date (just tried right now). There just wasn't a spot available. I think AAMC is saying that I can either A) reschedule to a date before june IF it's still available or b) just wait until june and get a spot (since they haven't yet opened it, there should be tons).
 

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
2,893
125
Miami
Status
Pre-Medical
Hm. It seems I can reschedule to a march/april/may date (just tried right now). There just wasn't a spot available. I think AAMC is saying that I can either A) reschedule to a date before june IF it's still available or b) just wait until june and get a spot (since they haven't yet opened it, there should be tons).
^ As in a spot in your area? Or there are no spots everywhere?
 
OP
I

ilovemedi

5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2011
327
9
Status
^ As in a spot in your area? Or there are no spots everywhere?
Spot in my area. I'm sure if i refreshed everyday I'd find a spot! I can sign up for one in April tho (there's a lot test centers open in my area for that monthl)
 
Last edited:

Next Step Tutor

MCAT Guru
Sponsor
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2013
619
226
Tucson, AZ
nextsteptestprep.com
Status
Pre-Medical
So if I still take the exam in January, can I still sign up for march, april, may, june dates if they have a spot open? (I know june sign up dates have yet to be announced)
Yes. You can register for a new MCAT ~48hrs after you take the MCAT. So a couple of days after the Jan MCAT you could sign up for the next one in March, assuming you can find a spot.

What you can't do is move your Jan date to the end of next year. You CAN move your Jan date to Mar/Apr/May if there's a spot open.

What they're trying to say is, "If you're signed up for Jan but changed your mind and want to take the test in Sept, then tough luck. Cancel your registration, get some money back. Then re-register for Sept when we open that up."