Can I submit my PharmCAS app or should I wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

immunogold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All the schools I'm applying to except for one, require only 2 LORs. And as of today, I have my 2 letters of rec - one from a college professor and the supervisor of the pharmaceutical company I work at. I want to submit my apps as soon as possible but that means I'll be missing the third LOR for the one school that is an outlier. What should I do? Submit anyway so I can get my app in early or just wait around to get the third LOR?

Thoughts? My third LOR would be from a pharmacist. Should I just hold off completely until I get all three or can I submit while my third letter is still pending?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're early applying to one of the other two schools, I would submit it. If you aren't I would contact your reference and ask them nicely when they would complete it and hold off submitting until they do.

If you can't wait just submit and it'll automatically update it to your pharmCAS.... however they might put your application in a diff pile as incomplete for the moment until the last reference is received so it could delay the process

Hope that helps! Just my thought process.. I had the same problem and waited until my reference completed it

If you're early applying to one of the other two schools, I would submit it. If you aren't I would contact your reference and ask them nicely when they would complete it and hold off submitting until they do.

If you can't wait just submit and it'll automatically update it to your pharmCAS.... however they might put your application in a diff pile as incomplete for the moment until the last reference is received so it could delay the process

Hope that helps! Just my thought process.. I had the same problem and waited until my reference completed it

Thanks for replying! This was really helpful, I'm definitely leaning more toward just waiting now.

Reactions: 1 user
All the schools I'm applying to except for one, require only 2 LORs. And as of today, I have my 2 letters of rec - one from a college professor and the supervisor of the pharmaceutical company I work at. I want to submit my apps as soon as possible but that means I'll be missing the third LOR for the one school that is an outlier. What should I do? Submit anyway so I can get my app in early or just wait around to get the third LOR?

Thoughts? My third LOR would be from a pharmacist. Should I just hold off completely until I get all three or can I submit while my third letter is still pending?

Thank you!

Imo, I would submit it because my reference uploaded his while it was being verified. The school just waited until I had his uploaded. The longer you wait, the longer it will take for pharmCAS to verify your application, which will stall you even longer!