Can I sumbit my application without DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamchaser2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greeting,

I scheduled my DAT in beginning of August, but I am almost done with my application. I am just wondering can I submit my application without DAT scores? The application itself takes about 4-6 wks to process, I don't want to wait till August, and wait for 4-6 wks. Plz advise!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is still going to take a good two weeks for your DAT scores to post.

I would wait about... one more month... Just keep looking over your application and make sure it is ready to be sent.

Normally, I would say turn it in, but, since you are sure you're taking DAT in August, you will be put on the back-burner at every school until they get those scores regardless of anything else.

Yes. I also took the DAT at the beginning of August last year but had submitted my apps to most of my schools in July. The scores took about 10 business days to post, at which point schools were then notified of my complete application. This worked out fine for me in terms of still getting interviews/acceptances.

I would wait until mid July so your application is processed closer to your test date. You are right in that you can submit your application without your DAT scores. Thats what I did last cycle and Im happy about it.