Can I take Lab and Lecture at Different schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBPB

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized I don't have lab for one of my Biology classes that I got an A in and want to use, but the school I took it at no longer offers the same class for some reason but a different CC I live next to does. The lecture is the same name and number as the lab I want to take.

Members don't see this ad.

Totally, I did the same thing. Took the lecture at my main University and then the Bio lab at a CC. I got accepted to a school this past cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Totally, I did the same thing. Took the lecture at my main University and then the Bio lab at a CC. I got accepted to a school this past cycle.
Perfect! I couldn’t believe that my CC didn’t offer bio 101 lab anymore of all things!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some CC only offer General Biology I & II as a 4 hr course, so you can't just sign up for the lab only. Mine still does it both ways. I took a prerequisite lecture and lab at university and then repeated only the lecture at CC. I was able to use the lecture from CC and the lab from university just fine. Good luck.

Some CC only offer General Biology I & II as a 4 hr course, so you can't just sign up for the lab only. Mine still does it both ways. I took a prerequisite lecture and lab at university and then repeated only the lecture at CC. I was able to use the lecture from CC and the lab from university just fine. Good luck.
I think they changed their numbering system / their curriculum to make it more of a molecular bio class rather than general bio from the looks of it and changed the level from 100 to 200