Can I take req. BIOCHEM fall of application year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makushin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to go to UNLV dental and they require Biochem. I will be taking OCHEM2 in spring of 07 and I will be applying to schools in summer/fall 07 for 08-09. I can't really fasttrack these courses anymore, and since they are sequential, and biochem typically isnt offered in the summer, it looks like I will have to take it fall 07.

Members don't see this ad.

tludy said:
I want to go to UNLV dental and they require Biochem. I will be taking OCHEM2 in spring of 07 and I will be applying to schools in summer/fall 07 for 08-09. I can't really fasttrack these courses anymore, and since they are sequential, and biochem typically isnt offered in the summer, it looks like I will have to take it fall 07.

I should have a fairly solid application otherwise. Is this a problem, or is this even allowed? I can't postpone my application a year for this, but I really want to stay in Vegas.

not a problem - as long as you complete your academic update on AADSAS after fall quarter and send them your official transcript after you get your BA.

if you really want to be sure, you should ask someone at UNLV, since it sounds like you're there anyway. get to know the people at the dental school. why not? good luck.