Can I take the CASPER exam this year for practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amaris4you

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking of signing up for CASPER this cycle to try it out. I wanted to apply this year, but might not be able to due to low stats. So if I need to apply next year, I figured I may as well try out CASPER if it was allowed and then I will know what to expect next cycle. Possible to do this? If I did this, will the schools next year see two CASPER scores?

Members don't see this ad.

CASPer scores do not carry over year to year, and I don't believe there's a total limit on the number of times you can take it in your lifetime.

That would be a huge waste of time and money. The test isn't hard, you'd have to be a maladjusted to fail it

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That would be a huge waste of time and money. The test isn't hard, you'd have to be a maladjusted to fail it

Yeah. Just do the practice problems provided on the CASPer website to get a feel for the pacing. Shouldn't need much practice other than that.

I don't know. At $20, it's cheaper than some of the practice material you have to pay for. Do you have to select a test when you sign up? I already took it and I can't remember the process. I just checked, but it's not easy to see without actually creating a profile. If you don't have to send your results to any schools (or you could send them to Ross...), then the only thing it will cost you is $20 and about nearly 2 hours of time. So I would say, weigh those options and determine if you think it is worth it. It's definitely different than taking the MCAT for practice.

I don't know. At $20, it's cheaper than some of the practice material you have to pay for. Do you have to select a test when you sign up? I already took it and I can't remember the process. I just checked, but it's not easy to see without actually creating a profile. If you don't have to send your results to any schools (or you could send them to Ross...), then the only thing it will cost you is $20 and about nearly 2 hours of time. So I would say, weigh those options and determine if you think it is worth it. It's definitely different than taking the MCAT for practice.
Also do you get access to your answers after you have done it?

You really cant practice for it, unless you want to practice typing faster. Next year, they will have other ethical scenarios. Just read up on ethical dilemmas and you'll do fine.

Also do you get access to your answers after you have done it?
You don't get to see a score or answers after. I don't know how much more it would help you. I think the practices are a good simulation, just shorter.