Can I take the CASPER exam this year for practice?

amaris4you

Aug 19, 2017
Thinking of signing up for CASPER this cycle to try it out. I wanted to apply this year, but might not be able to due to low stats. So if I need to apply next year, I figured I may as well try out CASPER if it was allowed and then I will know what to expect next cycle. Possible to do this? If I did this, will the schools next year see two CASPER scores?

About the Ads

DBC03

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2016
North Carolina
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I don't know. At $20, it's cheaper than some of the practice material you have to pay for. Do you have to select a test when you sign up? I already took it and I can't remember the process. I just checked, but it's not easy to see without actually creating a profile. If you don't have to send your results to any schools (or you could send them to Ross...), then the only thing it will cost you is $20 and about nearly 2 hours of time. So I would say, weigh those options and determine if you think it is worth it. It's definitely different than taking the MCAT for practice.

Dr. Souk

Apr 25, 2017
I don't know. At $20, it's cheaper than some of the practice material you have to pay for. Do you have to select a test when you sign up? I already took it and I can't remember the process. I just checked, but it's not easy to see without actually creating a profile. If you don't have to send your results to any schools (or you could send them to Ross...), then the only thing it will cost you is $20 and about nearly 2 hours of time. So I would say, weigh those options and determine if you think it is worth it. It's definitely different than taking the MCAT for practice.
Also do you get access to your answers after you have done it?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.