Can I take the MCAT in Aug and Sept?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I registered to take the MCAT on August 20th. When I take the test and if I feel bad about the outcome, can I take the test again September 7th or 8th so that I do not have to restudy the whole thing?

I mean I might have a brain freeze or get some passages that I am not great on and kill my score.

Is this an acceptable move?

Appreciate it if anyone has already tried this strategy and can enlighten me.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't even realize there was a test in Sept; I wonder if I could possibly be ready for that one. I thought after Sept the next one was in Jan. i really wanted to take a fall MCAT.:(

But to answer your question: I think I read you can only be registered for one MCAT at a time; such that you'd have to already take the Aug one before you register for the Sept one, which means by then it would probably be too late.

I was assuming that you get in for the Sept test. I see where the final registration date for the Sept MCAT was after Aug 20th.

I just wanted to make sure that I could register for the test and there is not some type of waiting period. That way I could possibly get another shot if something went wrong on the big day without having to wait so long and having to restudy basically. Thanks,