1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I take the MCAT in Aug and Sept?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by J DUB, Apr 20, 2007.

1. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I registered to take the MCAT on August 20th. When I take the test and if I feel bad about the outcome, can I take the test again September 7th or 8th so that I do not have to restudy the whole thing?

I mean I might have a brain freeze or get some passages that I am not great on and kill my score.

Is this an acceptable move?

Appreciate it if anyone has already tried this strategy and can enlighten me.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Josh

Dr. Josh Guest

Pre-Medical
    I didn't even realize there was a test in Sept; I wonder if I could possibly be ready for that one. I thought after Sept the next one was in Jan. i really wanted to take a fall MCAT.:(

But to answer your question: I think I read you can only be registered for one MCAT at a time; such that you'd have to already take the Aug one before you register for the Sept one, which means by then it would probably be too late.

4. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was assuming that you get in for the Sept test. I see where the final registration date for the Sept MCAT was after Aug 20th.

I just wanted to make sure that I could register for the test and there is not some type of waiting period. That way I could possibly get another shot if something went wrong on the big day without having to wait so long and having to restudy basically. Thanks,