SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Can I Tap Your Expertise?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Spokeymon, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Spokeymon

Spokeymon Junior Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Many of you seem to have your finger on the pulse of dental school admissions. I applied somewhat late (~Nov 1st) and am just now about to interview at a few schools in the next couple of weeks. I have yet to hear from many however. I really have no idea where I stand as far as my statistics. I grad with a 3.52 GPA, 3.35 science (Chem. major). My DAT average is 20, PAT 19, RC 21, QR 24, OCh 19, ICh 19, Bio 17. Am I competitive to the top tier school, ie UWash?, am I looking more like Creighton? or am I out of luck?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. wasabi007

wasabi007 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2001
    San Francisco, CA

i think you're still definitely in the game...i have a friend who applied in nov. last year and she's at usc now. with your stats i think you should have no problems getting interviews...the whole process takes quite a bit of time...but don't lose hope. i'm not sure about the particular schools you mentioned...i just know for's VERY hard to get in even with great stats if you're not a wa resident. maybe soemone else has better info about those particular schools...but i just wanted to say, don't have a good chance still. ;)

4. lalo5

lalo5 Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Ann Arbor MI
    do you have any experience in the dental office??
    that may be one important issue, but I agree with waaaasupi.....(just kiddin, wasabi007), you definitely have some convincing test scores...good luck,