Can I use TPR DAT/OAT Review Manual to study for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have TPR review manual and workbook for DAT/OAT, and I was wondering if I can use the review manual to study for the MCAT? The only reason i have the books is because a friend gave it to me. I know the questions on the MCAT are inference based while the DAT/OAT is more straightforward, but to study the material, will the review manual cover the mcat material? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have TPR review manual and workbook for DAT/OAT, and I was wondering if I can use the review manual to study for the MCAT? The only reason i have the books is because a friend gave it to me. I know the questions on the MCAT are inference based while the DAT/OAT is more straightforward, but to study the material, will the review manual cover the mcat material? Thanks.

on the forums, i read posts about people who have used mcat materials to study for DAT. haven't heard the other way around.

No they won't comprehensively cover all the material. It will cover most of the BIG points of general science because these don't change from test to test, but you will not see everything. No physics, and some of the Bio and chem isn't in there either. You would be much better off getting a book geared towards the MCAT.

thanks for the comments, I will probably use them to cover the big ideas and then use another book to supplement what's not covered in it like the physics part.