can i wear sunglases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peggylove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i began to wear glasses eighteen years ago. i really want to wear sunglasses that make me cool instead of wearing glasess. buy my prescipition is very strong, -12.00 can i wear sunglasess, and what kind of sunglasses are suitable for people just like me who have strong rx. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Transitions might work for you.
http://en-us.transitions.com/en/experience/default.aspx

Of course, many high myopes choose to wear contacts--and then just buy off-the-rack sunglasses.

If you go into any optical shop (you don't need an MD for this), they should be able to help you. Try a few--don't feel pressured
at the first place you stop at. With Memorial Day and summer around the corner, my guess is that there will be plenty of sales going on... sometimes you'll see buy one pair of glasses, get a pair of Rx sunglasses free...or some such thing.

Just as it's important to protect your skin from too much sun, it's important to protect your eyes as well. UV light can damage your eyes.

Last edited:
i began to wear glasses eighteen years ago. i really want to wear sunglasses that make me cool instead of wearing glasess. buy my prescipition is very strong, -12.00 can i wear sunglasess, and what kind of sunglasses are suitable for people just like me who have strong rx. :confused:

Yes you can wear prescription sunglasses. Because of the high Rx, try a smaller frame.