can international students apply to US dental schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.One

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and have a decent chance of being accepted????

Members don't see this ad.

the school that comes to my mind is NYU. i know they accept a considerable number of international students. one of them being my aunt from Class of 93.

If you are applying to a state school....your chances for getting accepted as an international student are slim to none. First they consider the applicants from their own state, then the applicants from the rest of the country and THEN international students!
However, if the school is private, they should not prioritize too much. So as long as your stats are as good as the rest of the applicants that are being accepted, you should be fine. However, EXPECT YOUR POCKET TO HURT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will not be getting any financial aid....and probably no scholarships either...and few loans.

Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
International students can apply to any school, but your chances of getting accepted to private dental schools is higher. One thing you should keep in mind before you apply, there is no financial aid, no grants, no assistance of any sort and unless you have a co-signer for your bank loans, you won't even get money from the banks.

I know this because I was an interntional student myself.

What schools accept the most international dental students except NYU ?

I visited nearly all of the dentistry school websites, but most of them say that priority is given to the students living in the state in which the school resides.

Is UNLV, a good start ?

thanks

What schools accept the most international dental students except NYU ?

I visited nearly all of the dentistry school websites, but most of them say that priority is given to the students living in the state in which the school resides.

Is UNLV, a good start ?

thanks

UNLV is a state school, and for this cycle they had almost 3000 applicants. As an international student your chances are VERY slim, almost none. Apply to private schools, yes they are more expensive but also you have a realistic chance of getting into them. Good luck.

Private schools and state school such as Michigan is selecting some internationsl students.... they are pretty much looking at good looking stats and good shape of characteristics...

I personally got into Michigan and other private schools in the east coast...

www.predents.com - to check out the ratio of applicants accepted from out of state to state schools.

If you're international, you're not eligible for federal student loans. There may be restrictions on private loans as well. Dental school is expensive, so research how you would pay for it.

UNLV is a state school, and for this cycle they had almost 3000 applicants. As an international student your chances are VERY slim, almost none. Apply to private schools, yes they are more expensive but also you have a realistic chance of getting into them. Good luck.

Which private schools are easier to get in, for international students, except NYU....I looked at pre-dents, and there are ppl who have 3.8 gpas and good extracuricular work, who live in the states, but end up getting rejected!!!

What are the easiest schools to get into for internationla students ?

thanks

Which private schools are easier to get in, for international students, except NYU....I looked at pre-dents, and there are ppl who have 3.8 gpas and good extracuricular work, who live in the states, but end up getting rejected!!!

thanks
Apply to whatever school you feel like. As it says somewhere above, your chances are higher in private schools, but keep in mind that you can get accepted in state school and get scholarship that cover your non-resident status. You need to get good stats for that to happen. This happens to me, so i know tf i am talking about. However, i have never been at a state or public school before (whatever they call those schools), so i thank that school for the scholarship and walked away. I am an international student. Keep in mind as well that you gonna need a co-signer if you wanna get loans from private banks. PM me if you still have more questions.

---Rev Balls------soon to be alumnus of Yale and soon to be DS1 somewhere.
D-Skool....there i come

thanks

I don't know about the "easiest schools," but like many people said above, consider schools like BU, Tufts, Columbia, Case, and etc. And it is possible to get into state schools if you have really good stats and EAs.

I don't know about the "easiest schools," but like many people said above, consider schools like BU, Tufts, Columbia, Case, and etc. And it is possible to get into state schools if you have really good stats and EAs.

What about Howard, the avg GPA is pretty low compared to the rest.