1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Can letters of recommendation writers see /have access to my MCAT when they upload their letter.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hawkeye3211, May 14, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. hawkeye3211

hawkeye3211 2+ Year Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I am just wondering cause mine wants to see it, so if they cannot see it in AMCAS when they upload their letter I will include it in my resume.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mvenus929

mvenus929 10+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2006
    MDApps:
    Physician
    I'm fairly certain they don't have access to any part of your AMCAS application.

gyngyn likes this.
  4. gyngyn

gyngyn Professor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor SDN Moderator 5+ Year Member

FERPA protects your information, so no, only admissions officers at the schools you designate can see your scores.

5. PreMedOrDead

PreMedOrDead I'm sure you'll get in... 2+ Year Member

May 19, 2012
    A dark, dark cave
    MDApps:
    Your letter writers receive no information beyond what you provide them. Basically, make sure they have access to enough information that they can write a convincing letter on your behalf. Also, if they are not familiar with the medical admissions process, it may be a good idea to provide them information that you may think is general knowledge (e.g. Telling your English professor you got a 44 on your MCAT may not impress them like you think it would... whereas telling them you scored in the top 0.01% might).

6. hawkeye3211

hawkeye3211 2+ Year Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Thank you all!