Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Can letters of recommendation writers see /have access to my MCAT when they upload their letter.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by hawkeye3211, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. hawkeye3211

hawkeye3211 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I am just wondering cause mine wants to see it, so if they cannot see it in AMCAS when they upload their letter I will include it in my resume.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mvenus929

mvenus929 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I'm fairly certain they don't have access to any part of your AMCAS application.

gyngyn likes this.
  4. gyngyn

gyngyn Professor Gold Donor 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician, Academic Administration
    Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    Faculty
    FERPA protects your information, so no, only admissions officers at the schools you designate can see your scores.

5. PreMedOrDead

PreMedOrDead I'm sure you'll get in... 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Your letter writers receive no information beyond what you provide them. Basically, make sure they have access to enough information that they can write a convincing letter on your behalf. Also, if they are not familiar with the medical admissions process, it may be a good idea to provide them information that you may think is general knowledge (e.g. Telling your English professor you got a 44 on your MCAT may not impress them like you think it would... whereas telling them you scored in the top 0.01% might).

6. hawkeye3211

hawkeye3211 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Thank you all!

About the ads