Can letters of recommendation writers see /have access to my MCAT when they upload their letter.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawkeye3211

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering cause mine wants to see it, so if they cannot see it in AMCAS when they upload their letter I will include it in my resume.

Members don't see this ad.

I am just wondering cause mine wants to see it, so if they cannot see it in AMCAS when they upload their letter I will include it in my resume.
FERPA protects your information, so no, only admissions officers at the schools you designate can see your scores.

Members don't see this ad :)

Your letter writers receive no information beyond what you provide them. Basically, make sure they have access to enough information that they can write a convincing letter on your behalf. Also, if they are not familiar with the medical admissions process, it may be a good idea to provide them information that you may think is general knowledge (e.g. Telling your English professor you got a 44 on your MCAT may not impress them like you think it would... whereas telling them you scored in the top 0.01% might).