Can Med Schools see how many/what schools I applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I submitted my AMCAS, I also saved it to my computer as a PDF file. It looks like the file lists all schools that I have applied. I assume medical schools will not see this, correct? Thanks for the help!

p.s. Another silly question, I don't think we need high school transcript for MD schools, do we? Although the GPA table in the AMCAS PDF file includes high school... :)

Members don't see this ad.

When I submitted my AMCAS, I also saved it to my computer as a PDF file. It looks like the file lists all schools that I have applied. I assume medical schools will not see this, correct? Thanks for the help!

p.s. Another silly question, I don't think we need high school transcript for MD schools, do we? Although the GPA table in the AMCAS PDF file includes high school... :)

No, they don't.

If you took college level classes at a CC while enrolled in high school, you need to report it there with a transcript from that CC.

edit: posted by REL, faculty at UCF, on Feb 22, 2007

Med schools can see if you have been accepted as follows:
- as of about 2 weeks ago, if you have been accepted, med schools can see where their accepted kids have also been accepted
- sometime in the first half of March, med schools can see all of their APPLICANTS and where they have been accepted
- at no time can med schools see where you have APPLIED and frankly it is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS -- the only way they can find out where you have applied is from you, OR, from your premed advisor who can see where you have applied and the result of that application

source: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4789434&postcount=15

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI, a lot of interviewers, for whatever reason, like to ask where else you've interviewed / or applied.

Thanks guys! It just feels a little awkward if they can see what schools I have applied

Thanks guys! It just feels a little awkward if they can see what schools I have applied

Why? I mean, they're not stupid. There's no way they will ever entertain the idea that you only applied to their school. I think by now it's well understood that most pre-meds will apply to ~15+ schools (usually in the same general location too).

Why? I mean, they're not stupid. There's no way they will ever entertain the idea that you only applied to their school. I think by now it's well understood that most pre-meds will apply to ~15+ schools (usually in the same general location too).

Yep, they understand this. However, always have a great answer at your interview for "Why do you want to come here?". If you don't have a good answer prepared for this, they could write you off pretty quick as not being sincerely interested in their mission.. and that's bad.