Can my ex-girlfriend make the school rescind my acceptance???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosskovsky

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short:

My ex-GF is a grad student at my state school - and I have been recently accepted to my state school. We had a big fight before our breakup - where we said very nasty things to each other through MSN messenger.

I am now paranoid - can she show my med school all the things I said to her and have them rescind my acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

If an angry ex-gf could keep people out of med school, I doubt there would be many people in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
No.

IIRC, med schools don't accept calls from others on behalf of applicants, because 99+% of them are motivated by grudges. So don't worry about it.

I am very concerned for the fact that she has hard evidence in terms of MSN messages I sent her - where I included things that may be construed as racism and sexual harrasment.

I am very concerned for the fact that she has hard evidence in terms of MSN messages I sent her - where I included things that may be construed as racism and sexual harrasment.

Paper copies of text are hardly "hard evidence." Do you know how easy it is to fabricate something like that?

Nah...it's way too easy to make that kinda stuff up. If you have a modicum of skill in Photoshop, you can easily get the job done. Or, have a friend do it. I'm sure we all know a friend who is a Photoshop wizard.

No.

IIRC, med schools don't accept calls from others on behalf of applicants, because 99+% of them are motivated by grudges. So don't worry about it.

Idk about that data. But I agree with the rest.

Nah...it's way too easy to make that kinda stuff up. If you have a modicum of skill in Photoshop, you can easily get the job done. Or, have a friend do it. I'm sure we all know a friend who is a Photoshop wizard.

Indeed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

but didn't the ACOM incident involve something vaguely similar? about how the individual had his acceptance rescinded because of some texts/facebook stuff?

Long story short:

My ex-GF is a grad student at my state school - and I have been recently accepted to my state school. We had a big fight before our breakup - where we said very nasty things to each other through MSN messenger.

I am now paranoid - can she show my med school all the things I said to her and have them rescind my acceptance?

To be honest, If I were you, I'd be more worried that I'm still using MSN messenger than my ex getting my state school to rescind their offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
but didn't the ACOM incident involve something vaguely similar? about how the individual had his acceptance rescinded because of some texts/facebook stuff?

MSN is a little different than Facebook and direct association (via fb) with the school.

Yeah I can't see any way that you would get your acceptance rescinded, everyone has personal problems, everyone gets in fights. As long as it wasn't a crime i.e. harassment, you have nothing to worry about

Long story short:

She can't show anything if she's dead, nomsayin OP?

Long story short:

Why don't you ask one of the admins like LizzM or Goro how they view these sort of things? From what I understand, Med school takes character into account as much as they do grades. Be classy in break ups and stop making enemies.

Why don't you ask one of the admins like LizzM or Goro how they view these sort of things? From what I understand, Med school takes character into account as much as they do grades. Be classy in break ups and stop making enemies.

i think OPs fine as long as he didn't make death threats against his ex...

example of something that I would imagine wouldn't prompt a rescindment

"wow go **** yourself you stupid fat b*tch... I hope you get run over by a bus"

something that would prompt a recidment

"I am coming to your house to kill you with my Glock 17 (srs)"

idk know tho..

sdn.jpg

Glock 9 imo

Long story short:

She can't prove it was you on the other end of the MSN messenger.

I heard a story on here sometime back about a jealous friend, a Duke med acceptee, bad Facebook photos and a rescindment of acceptance.

I can't imagine this happening that frequently though. Most phone calls denigrating a candidate would be seen as malicious in nature.

I heard a story on here sometime back about a jealous friend, a Duke med acceptee, bad Facebook photos and a rescindment of acceptance.

I can't imagine this happening that frequently though. Most phone calls denigrating a candidate would be seen as malicious in nature.

Then again do med schools even have to take the chance that a acceptee might not be a good person, when they have 300 more qualified applicants for that spot? I mean, look at cole's situation.

To be honest, If I were you, I'd be more worried that I'm still using MSN messenger than my ex getting my state school to rescind their offer.

:laugh: Glad I'm not the only one who thought this...

For years I've been searching for my ex-girlfriend's killer.

But nobody will do it.

OP- You'll probably be fine. As a rule though, don't push the boundaries too much in the online world, as it's not as anonymous as people think it is.

Glock 17 is a Glock 9 :)

A glock 17 is a glock chambered in 9mm

Also, OP...stop writing down crazy things you don't want printed in a newspaper article someday

Then again do med schools even have to take the chance that a acceptee might not be a good person, when they have 300 more qualified applicants for that spot? I mean, look at cole's situation.

well, i am sure they'll need a whole lot more than an anonymous phone call to rescind an acceptance.

if not, then anyone can call med schools, make up some nonsense about an accepted student, and med schools will have to rescind the acceptance because of a possible "risk" that the phone call is true.

If an angry ex-gf could keep people out of med school, I doubt there would be many people in med school.

This.

Why would they believe random fat girls who complain for baseless reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.