Max98

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
Hi,
I'm about to start my sophmore year. I recently decided to switch to pre med. I had a professor last semester that i did well in and who liked me so I asked him for a LOR. Is he supposed to email it to me and then I'll post in on my application when I apply in 2 years or am I not allowed to read it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MedCat9

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2017
Status
Medical Student
They're supposed to be confidential, so no, you shouldn't be seeing it or sending it in through email. Why not ask for the letter when you start preparing to fill out the application for med school? You could get a profile on something like interfolio to store it (which keeps it confidential), but that costs money annually. Uploading letters to AMCAS requires the person you requested the letter from to do it themselves or by mass sending the ones you have stored on things like interfolio.

OP
M

Max98

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
They're supposed to be confidential, so no, you shouldn't be seeing it or sending it in through email. Why not ask for the letter when you start preparing to fill out the application for med school? You could get a profile on something like interfolio to store it (which keeps it confidential), but that costs money annually. Uploading letters to AMCAS requires the person you requested the letter from to do it themselves or by mass sending the ones you have stored on things like interfolio.
I think I'm going to have to use interfolio because I'm planning on transfering from my current college. Thanks for your advice!

About the Ads

ClamChowderrr

Black. No cream. No sugar.
2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Personally I would get the letter now rather than try to chase him/her down later. Interfolio is your best friend!! 50$ a year is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Plus you can keep using the letters instead of having them sent once through the school. Alternatively if your school had a pre health program see if they'll hold them for you.

OP
M

Max98

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
Personally I would get the letter now rather than try to chase him/her down later. Interfolio is your best friend!! 50$ a year is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Plus you can keep using the letters instead of having them sent once through the school. Alternatively if your school had a pre health program see if they'll hold them for you.
I'm a little confused with interfolio. I set up an account and they let me for free request the LOR from my professor. It seems like I just have to pay to send it to medical schools. Should I only start paying for the service when I apply to medical schools or do I need to pay them to hold the LOR for me?

ClamChowderrr

Black. No cream. No sugar.
2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm a little confused with interfolio. I set up an account and they let me for free request the LOR from my professor. It seems like I just have to pay to send it to medical schools. Should I only start paying for the service when I apply to medical schools or do I need to pay them to hold the LOR for me?
You're right theyll hold it for you and then you pay when you're ready to send. Sorry about the confusion.

About the Ads