can programs see step 2 before you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IheartUCI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So on ERAS, on the USMLE transcript part, there is a disclaimer that says programs may be able to see scores before you (if you chose yes to automatically transmit). Is this true? And if so, wouldn't the USMLE transcript transmission date be updated?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but why does it matter? If you have it automatically released, they will see it regardless of when you see it. It sounds like this is what you are doing because that is the only way they would see it. Either way, the reporting date is usually the 3rd or 4th Wednesday after you take the test, so you will know then.

I think the issue is that they could see it before you, if you're late to check the nbme website. Like the poster above said, it really doesn't matter.

I think the issue is that they could see it before you, if you're late to check the nbme website.

But that's a non-issue.

If you chose auto release (which, BTW is such a phenomenally stupid idea that I maintain that they only have that option to trick dumb/cocky med students into sabotaging their own applications) it doesn't matter if you find out 45 seconds/minutes/hours before (or after) programs do, the damage is done.

But that's a non-issue.

If you chose auto release (which, BTW is such a phenomenally stupid idea that I maintain that they only have that option to trick dumb/cocky med students into sabotaging their own applications) it doesn't matter if you find out 45 seconds/minutes/hours before (or after) programs do, the damage is done.
Did you really cut off half of my quote just to make it look like you weren't repeating exactly what I said?

At least I made it explicit that I was essentially repeating what psurg530 said.