• SDN Site Updates

    Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.


Full Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Ive been wondering this due to tuition costs of out of state schools. Im currently a Florida resident but most of the schools I would like to go to are out of my state. If I get accepted to an out of state school will I pay out-of-state tuition for the full 4 years or just for the first? I ask this because I noticed that residency is usually established as residing in that state for the past 12 months. So does that make me a resident after my first year and then I transition to in-state tuition? or do they only decide residency at initial application time?

sorry for the rediculous question.


1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This depends on the specific school/state. Places like Buffalo, UNLV, UCSF let you become a resident after one year but these institutions are few and far between. Most schools, ie Michigan, do not let you change your residency status and you are required to pay out of state tuition for all 4 years.

These residency questions get asked quite often (more so on the pre-dental board). Do a little search and you will find a plethora of threads outlining the specifics for individual schools.
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.