Can schools receive LORs just from Interfolio, and not AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor in da makin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my story. I have 6 LORs on my AACOMAS dossier. This is the max, so I can't add or delete anything now.

The problem is, I just found out that one of my science profs did not letterhead the letter. To make matters worse, 2 schools so far do not consider him a science letter as it was a plant-based class.

The good news is that I found another science prof to write me one, and he's currently working on it.

But I can't send it through AACOMAS anymore as I have reached the max! How can I get the final LOR to them if they do not want it sent over email?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools have information on their website or when they contact you about your primary on how to send your letters. Not all places will use AACOMAS.

How did you find out that they won't accept it because it was plant based class? Did the schools contact you after secondaries?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools will pop up when you search from Interfolio, but you can also directly enter an e-mail (or physical -- maybe, didn't need this) address. I sent a letter to PCOM selecting their name from the Interfolio options, but they never seemed to get it, so I resent it to their LOR e-mail address. Some schools may not have the option to send LORs to an e-mail address, but you should be able to get it there somehow (I believe Interfolio will send electronic or physical copies as needed).

Some schools will pop up when you search from Interfolio, but you can also directly enter an e-mail (or physical -- maybe, didn't need this) address. I sent a letter to PCOM selecting their name from the Interfolio options, but they never seemed to get it, so I resent it to their LOR e-mail address. Some schools may not have the option to send LORs to an e-mail address, but you should be able to get it there somehow (I believe Interfolio will send electronic or physical copies as needed).

I was under the impression that PCOM and NOVA were the only two schools that do not accept Interfolio?

I was under the impression that PCOM and NOVA were the only two schools that do not accept Interfolio?
NOVA won't, but PCOM has an email address for LORs that you can manually inter in Interfolio. Worked for me to send my extra science letter.