Can schools see other acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhillyRA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently on post-interview hold at 2 schools, and I am awaiting a decision from MCG following an interview in Jan. I would prefer to go to one of these three schools over the school at which I am currently accepted. My question is whether these schools have anyway of knowing that I have been accepted if I haven't notified them.

Members don't see this ad.

PhillyRA said:
I am currently on post-interview hold at 2 schools, and I am awaiting a decision from MCG following an interview in Jan. I would prefer to go to one of these three schools over the school at which I am currently accepted. My question is whether these schools have anyway of knowing that I have been accepted if I haven't notified them.

you know, for some reason, i believe they know if you are holding multiple acceptances.

my cousin got into RWJMS and jefferson. RWJMS personally called my cousin to not only accept him, but offer him a hefty scholarship on the spot. on the same phone conversation, the lady then asked my cousin (who had already gotten into jefferson by then) whether or not he would go to jeffeson over RWJMS... my cousin was thinking-- WTF????

THe only way other schools know is if you tell them. They dont know until April 15, AAMC is allowed to tell the schools about how many acceptances you have. I'm not sure if they say where you are accepted to, but they do tell them the number.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the info, so basically before april they have to accept you before they can see where else you have been accepted

can schools accept you, see that you didnt get into any schools, and then take back their acceptance?

goodies said:
can schools accept you, see that you didnt get into any schools, and then take back their acceptance?
They can do anything they want until a contract is signed. However, like deuist said, doing what you have described would be unprecedented.