Can schools talk to each other about application candidates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IDontHaveAnyFeet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My podatrist warned me that schools are close together and most faculty and deans know each other.

It would be against FERPA though to tell another program about my interview correct? Like if I did terrible in one interview and aced the other.

Members don't see this ad.

My podatrist warned me that schools are close together and most faculty and deans know each other.

It would be against FERPA though to tell another program about my interview correct? Like if I did terrible in one interview and aced the other.
When I interviewed, one DPM interviewer knew podiatrist I shadowed very very well. They were buddies maybe. I was even asked questions about him.

so, it's a small world.

Podiatry schools I doubt would waste time discussing you specifically. They want you to succeed at any school. I got waitlisted at one and scholarshipped at another so I would definitely say no. Some people just have bad days or bad interviewers. I wouldn’t worry about that. But yes podiatry seems very close knit. I shadowed a podiatrist that knew deans at schools, had class with some ect. One school told me they do contact eachother to check curriculums, boards, ect but def not to discuss applicants. After all there’s only 9 schools and boards are influenced by professors. They need to be in a similar page

Reactions: 2 users