1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

can shadowing a dentist count as employer LOR?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by IamJetLi, Apr 22, 2007.

1. can shadowing a dentist count as employer LOR? i already have 2 science 1 non science and need an employer. Last time i worked was 2 years ago and don know if they would stillremember me

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dmd2011

dmd2011 Random Hero

Dental Student
    shadowing doesnt make you an employee.... so an LOR from the dentist wouldnt count as an employer LOR.

4. Lidopaine82

Lidopaine82 Senior Member

Dentist
    well gee, when you say it like that it sounds soo simple :laugh: :laugh:

5. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member

Dentist
    What school requires a LOR specifically from an employer? Most of the dental schools I looked at when I applied needed either 2 science and a dentist; 1 science, 1 non-science and a dentist; 3 science and a dentist; or two science, a dentist, and 1 other of your choice...but I can't remember a single one asking specifically for an employer.

It's sad, but there are people who apply to dental school who haven't worked a day in their lives.

6. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing

Resident [Any Field]
    ive never heard of this either...elaboration please

7. xtractime

Dentist
    no pay = no employee

8. minnesota requires 2 science 1 employer

9. dudewhensmydat

dudewhensmydat You stay classy.

Dental Student
    Employment means you're being paid. Shadowing implies your're observing. Unless someone is foolish enough to pay you to watch them work, I would definitely say NO; that'd be a lie.

10. jim85213

Dentist

I can remember one school requiring a letter from an employer. I think it was Loma Linda. I couldn't get one so they told me to get a letter from someone that knows me personally. Just tell that school, whoever they are, that you can't get a letter from an employer and what they would accept in place of it.